Telephone: 01722 744308

Salisbury Letting and Property Management Agents

49 Castle Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 3SP

Search our properties:

When do I need to start looking for a property?

You should start looking about 2-4 weeks before you need to move.  If you start too early, you are likely to see a property that is available before you are ready.

Back to Top

How much rent should I be looking to pay?

We would suggest that your earnings are at least 2 ½ times the annual rent as reference agencies usually require this. If this is not the case then a guarantor will normally be required.

Back to Top

What sort of agreement will I have?

We will give you an Approved Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.  This will usually be for a minimum of 6 months, but sometimes can be a year depending on the landlord.

Back to Top

I've seen a property that I like, what should I do next?

You should contact us as soon as possible and agree terms of the tenancy. We will need an application charge of £100 to take the property off the market and start the reference process.  Once we have received the references we will ask for the remainder of the deposit before you are able to move in at the agreed date.

Back to Top

What costs will I incur?

A non-refundable ‘Tenancy Fee’ of £200 inc VAT is payable by each tenant upfront. This fee covers the cost of checking your references, processing your application and producing the necessary legal documentation. If a Guarantor is required, an additional £60 inc VAT is payable per guarantor.

Once the references have cleared and a date set for you to move in, you will need to pay one and a half months rent as a deposit against any damage to the property. This amount includes the £100 application charge. The first month’s rent is also payable in advance. This will need to be in our ‘clients’ bank account in cleared funds before you can move in.

A 'check out' fee will be payable prior to move in.

Back to Top

What happens about references?

We will either use a reference agency or contact your referees direct.  You will need to complete a form giving us details such as your addresses for the last three years and employment details.  If a guarantor is needed (e.g. if you are a student), the guarantor will have the same responsibilities as the tenant.

Back to Top

What do I do about utility bills etc?

We will inform all the utility companies (council tax, water, gas and electricity) of your move in date and the meter readings where appropriate.  The utility companies will then contact you directly.  You will need to arrange telephone accounts, TV licence and any other services you may require (e.g. broadband).

Back to Top

Should I take out contents insurance?

You will be required to have insurance for the landlords furniture, fixtures and fittings. It is at your discretion as to whether you take out cover for your own personal belongings.

Back to Top

Why Choose Us?

We are an independent firm of Letting Agents specialising in full management and tenant finding for rental properties in Salisbury and the surrounding area.

Find out more

Contact Us

49 Castle Street Salisbury, Wilts SP1 3SP

tel: 01722 744308